Learning in EYFS
EYFS Areas of Learning
The Early Years curriculum is centred on 3 prime areas of learning:
- Communication and Language..
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
And through 4 specific areas of learning which strengthen the prime areas.
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
How we learn in the Early Years
ACTIVE LEARNING THROUGH PLAY
We ensure that our environment and delivery of the curriculum incorporates what we know about how young children learn. There are three characteristics of effective teaching and learning:
- Playing and exploring - children will have opportunities to investigate and experience things and 'have a go.' Their senses will be active.
- Active learning - children will have time and space to concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties and enjoy their achievements. They will actively engage with the environment both indoors and out.
- Creating and thinking critically - we encourage and support children to use and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas and develop strategies for achieving what they wish.
The characteristics of effective learning are at the heart of our day and pupils, from an early age, are encourage to 'have a go,' ask questions, make links, solve problems and be individual in their thoughts and ideas. These learning behaviours are shared and celebrated with children through our animal characteristics.
Please call the main office to arrange a look around if you are interested in a nursery or a reception place.