Nursery Provision at Lyng Primary School
Here at Lyng Primary School we believe in Early Years Education for children and this sets the stage for a firm Foundation for Education in the the years to come. We are pleased to provide the following:
- A free place for 15 hours per week – Monday to Friday 3 hours each day, specifying morning or Afternoon for the week
- A free place for 30 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 6 hours each day – morning and afternoon sessions, if you meet the criteria, (subject to availability).
- A 30 hour per week place – Monday to Friday, 6 hours each day – morning and afternoon sessions, for families who do not meet the criteria who will then have to pay for hours in addition to their 15 free hours, (subject to availability)
So, what does this look like for me?
On the next page there are details of the costs for all our options, please be aware, that the additional 15 hours costs are currently under review and are therefore approximate at this stage. We will confirm the prices before your place is agreed.
From September 2017, the government will be offering up to 30 hours free childcare for working parents.
The full details have not yet been published, but the information we have with regard to who will be eligible for 30 hours free childcare, is as below:
- Your child will be aged 3 or 4 when the scheme starts in your area
- Both parents must be working – or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family
- Each parent earns, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage
- Each parent must have an annual income of less than £100,000
- You live in England
There will be a registration process for 30 hours free childcare, in order to prove your eligibility, you will have to register and provide a reference number to school. www.sandwell.gov.uk/30hours or www.gov.uk
We ask that you pay for a school meal as we will not be charging for the provision during lunchtimes like other schools, as we see this as an important part of social skills. It also distracts other children who bring in food from home if there is something different on the lunch table. There will be a choice of hot and cold foods for the children to try every day.
- A free 15 hour place – No charge
- A free 30 hour place where you collect your child at 11.30am and return them to Nursery at 12.00pm – No Charge
- A free 30 hour place with your child staying in Nursery during lunchtime and having a school meal – A charge of £2.30 for a meal per day (£11.50 per week)
- A 30 hour place, where you have 15 free hours and 15 paid hours and you collect your child at 11.30am and return at 12.00pm – A Nursery Charge of £45 (15hrs x £3=£45 week)
- A 30 hour place, where you have 15 free hours and 15 paid hours and your child staying in Nursery during lunchtime and having a school meal – A Nursery charge of £56.50 (£11.50 meals plus 15hrs x £3=£45
Charges for 2 and 3 Year Old Provision
2 Year Old Provision (ratio is 1-4)
£30.00 for the day or £15.00 per half day to include school meal and snacks
(£5.00 per hour)
No before or afterschool provision
3 Year Old Provision (ratio 1-13)
£9.00 half day (£3.00 per hour) or £45.00 week
£2.30 charge per day for a School Meal or £11.50 week
Before/After Nursery Provision
8.00am with breakfast £1.50 (toast, juice, cereal)
3-4pm session with afternoon tea £3.00
4-5pm session with afternoon tea £3.00
(Afternoon tea comprises of: assorted sandwiches, yoghurt, fruit, biscuits or cake)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST A PLACE AT OUR NURSERY FOR YOUR CHILD, PLEASE COLLECT A FORM FROM OUR SCHOOL OFFICE.
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FORM PLEASE HAND IT IN TO OUR SCHOOL OFFICE.