Sports Funding Impact
SPORTS PREMIUM REPORT
For the school year 2016-17 Lyng Primary School received £9,656 in Primary P.E and sport funding.
The school will measure the impact of the funding throughout 2016-17 by:
- The quality T&L through the PE curriculum (Lesson Observations by SLT, PE Lead & Sports plus Coach).
- The quality & variety of after school clubs that the school can offer.
- Analysis of attendance & participation in after school clubs.
- Successful participation in both intra and inter-school sporting competitions.
- The challenge provided for those pupils who are gifted at sports..
- PE to become part of the monitoring cycle to ensure that all teachers are observed delivering P.E. at least once.
- PE will continue to be delivered by a qualified Sports Plus coach alongside a teacher as part of CPD.
- For the Sports Plus coach to address CPD needs of staff, including dinner time supervisors.
- To train Y6 pupils to become Sports Leaders to assist with structured games at lunchtimes.
- Increase opportunities for the Lyng Tri Golf to be linked to the wider curriculum.
- To increase the number of children competing on an inter school sport level, with a focus on girls.
- To change structured swimming sessions from 30 minute sessions to one hour slots, to develop skills even further. And for elite swimmers will be tutored in the competition pool (Y6)
- Open up further avenues for further interschool competition..
- Trim trail added to forest area to enhance bikeability provision.