Sports Premium Funding 2016 - 2017
The Government has made the decision to provide funding (£5 per child) for the Academic Years 2013/14 to 2016/17 to spend on improving the quality of PE & Sport for children within Primary Schools & SEN Schools.
We are using the money to employ the services of Sports Plus Scheme, who are a National Leading Provider for Physical Education Support & School Sports Provision, and have been working in Schools since 2001.
This service has been focusing on the following recommended areas of the Primary School Sport Funding, and will continue to support our School with the New National Curriculum for Physical Education which has been in place since September 2014.
Main Areas for Impact:
- Children’s Activity Professionals/Sports Coaches working alongside Teachers in PE Lessons (Team Teaching).
- Working with children on a one to one basis to support individuals in the classroom.
- Teacher Training Opportunities & CPD.
- Working with staff during the twilight sessions to deliver bespoke training to the teachers needs.
- Increasing participation in Tournaments & Competitions.
- Increasing Health & Fitness Opportunities for Children in school.
- Enhancing Opportunities for After School Provision.
- Breakfast Clubs.
- Sports Coaching at Lunch Times.
- Offer an Inspired Curriculum in Physical Education.
- Change 4 Life Clubs.
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- Making sure all children are physically active for sustained periods of time.
- All children have the opportunity to lead healthy, active lives.
- All children’s progress is assessed by both the Children’s Activity Professionals/Sports Coaches working alongside the class teachers in PE Lessons, thus enabling the children to understand their progress and future targets.
Funding received for Academic Year 2016/17 is £9,656
Our School will offer a range of Sports & Activities from the Menu above to enhance the Physical Education Curriculum and Extra Curricular Opportunities for children at Lyng Primary School.